ADSM-L

running 3494 in MANUAL mode - URGENT!! (Please?)

2001-04-09 11:22:07
Subject: running 3494 in MANUAL mode - URGENT!! (Please?)
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:22:32 -0400
AIX 4.3, TSM 3.7.2.0 and an IBM 3494 library L-14 and D12 with 4-drives.

After more than 3-years, the robot/gripper in our library died. We do not
have the dual robot feature. The library manager is now configured for
online manual mode, but even though TSM processes are showing as waiting for
tape mounts, the drive display doesn't show any tape volsers to be mounted.
A Q ACT on TSM doesn't show any messages about tapes expecting to be mounted
on drive..... I did a SHOW LIBRARY and 2 of my drives show RESERVED with no
volser showing. I mounted 1 of the tapes the Q PRO says it's waiting for and
... nothing....nada! The drive comes ready at mount point, but TSM never
recognizes that I've mounted a tape.

How can I operate the library in manual mode until IBM can get the needed
parts onsite??? That'll take a  few more hours and I"m already behind in my
storage pool backups.

TIA,
Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??