ADSM-L

Re: Urgent!!! transferring adsm server into new machine

2001-04-06 10:26:18
Subject: Re: Urgent!!! transferring adsm server into new machine
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:26:48 -0500
Hi Zosi,
        I am also going to do the same this weekend, but on AIX. However the
procedure should be pretty much the same. These steps are what I am gonna
take:
        1). Configure the new machine and decide the layout of your disk
space. For example:
                drive 1: c:\  for TSM code
                drive 2: d:\ for database and log volumes
                drive 3: e:\ for database and log mirroring
                drive 4: f:\ for stgpool on disk
        2). install TSM to c:\
        3). edit dsmserv.opt
        4). dsmfmt -db d:\dbvol0 8000 (8G database)
             dsmfmt -log d:\logvol0 32 (32M log, if you use roll forward,
you will need much more)
        5). dsmserv format 1 d:\dbvol0 1 d:\logvol0. Now in file dsmserv.dsk
you should see two entries of the above database and log volumes.
        6). copy over the devconfig and volumehistory file from the old
machine.
        7). define TSM tape drive and library devices. Then modify the
devconfig file if there is any discrepency.
        8). dsmserv restore db tod=today     This command will check the
devconfig and volumehistory files and prompt you to load the tape of the
latest database backup into the tape drive in the library on which the
devclass used for database backup is defined.
        9). start the server, login as admin, define licenses, check around.
        10). for extra caution, do 'audit db'

If someone think I missed something, please comment. By the way, where can I
find the exact syntax for dsmserv command? I could not find any domument on
it.

Jie