ADSM-L

RAID configuration

2001-04-05 13:24:50
Subject: RAID configuration
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:25:12 -0400
Everyone,
Can anyone tell me the best configuration for the storage pools, database and
recovery log.
RAID level for each. for eg. RAID5 for storage volumes, etc.
Whether setting up TSM mirroring on top of the RAID for database and log is
needed?
I am running TSM Server 4.1 on Win2000 Server. Hardware is Compaq ML570 Server
and Compaq StorageWorks RAID Array 4100 for Storage pools, Database, recovery
log.
I have setup mirroring for System Partition and need info on the RAID
configuration for the 4100.
Need this ASAP.

Rajesh Oak