ADSM-L

Re: RAID5 or 0+1

2001-04-05 11:28:37
Subject: Re: RAID5 or 0+1
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:30:11 +0200
Hi Rich,

If you can afford R0+1 cost, why not.
IMHO, I prefer TSM-mirroring than AIX-mirroring.

What kind of disks do you have. SAN-storage ? SSA drawer
or "single" SCSI ones ?

Your disks ares stressed during backups, it's quite normal, if you
think your system is two heavily loaded, reduce the number of
concurrent sessions or/and increase BUFPOOLSIZE

rv