ADSM-L

Re: Backup Policies - Kind of FAQs

2001-04-04 10:43:29
Subject: Re: Backup Policies - Kind of FAQs
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:40:02 +0200
Hi Mahesh,

Mahesh Babbar wrote:
>3. A file backed up and not changed is called an ACTIVE version and
>remain there in the backup system FOREVER.

... would keep in mind that a file could also change from
ACTIVE to INACTIVE without removing or changing the file
but with a change of an Incl/exclude-statement which might be
initiated by the User/Admin of the ClientSystem.
So presumed that there is also no change of include/exclude-statements
that has an affect on the file ...
... it remains in the backup system FOREVER ...

I think an active file just remains FOREVER in the BackupSystem
as long as you don't run any more incremental backup , ie. because of
desaster happened to the ClientMachine.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

 Rainer Wolf                  rainer.wolf AT rz.uni-ulm DOT de
 Tel: 0731-50-22482           Fax: 0731-50-22471
 University of Ulm            http://www.uni-ulm.de/urz
 University Computing Center  Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
 AG Basissysteme              89069 Ulm