ADSM-L

TSM Server didn't recognize time change

2001-04-03 09:16:28
Subject: TSM Server didn't recognize time change
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:16:49 -0400
TSM 3.7.3.0 running on OS/390 2.9

This past weekend, the time on the mainframe was altered using the SET CLOCK
command instead of an IPL. I had the operators issue the ACCEPT DATE command
to TSM 'assuming' that the new time would take effect. WRONG!! Last night I
was checking the server and found that schedules were an hour behind and
that the activity log was also an hour behind. I ended up having the bounce
TSM to get it to accept the new time.

Is this normal behavior?

I also just received a voice-mail from another client that is runnint TSM
3.7.? on WindowsNT. He is having the same problem. NT adjusted the time, but
TSM doesn't seem to want to accept it. I'm going to tell him to stop/start
the TSM Server service.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??