ADSM-L

Re: Remote Storage Pool Copy.. Urgent Help Needed!!!

2001-04-02 09:50:12
Subject: Re: Remote Storage Pool Copy.. Urgent Help Needed!!!
From: paul baines <paulbaines AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:35:51 -0000
Well I ain't no guru, but if you're talking about server-to-server then
maybe you can edit this up (and look in the Server to Server Redbook which
is very good.)

Source server:

DEFINE SERVER TARGET SERVERPASS=TARGET HLA=100.100.100.100 LLA=1500
NODENAME=HOST PASSWORD=HOST
DEFINE DEVCLASS SERVER DEVT=SERVER SERVERNAME=TARGET MAXCAP=2G

Target server:

DEFINE DOMAIN HOST
DEFINE POLICYSET HOST STANDARD
DEFINE MGMTCLASS HOST STANDARD STANDARD
ASSIGN DEFMGMTCLASS HOST STANDARD STANDARD
DEFINE COPYGROUP HOST STANDARD STANDARD STANDARD TYPE=ARCHIVE
DESTINATION=TAPEPOOL_3494
ACTIVATE POLICYSET HOST STANDARD
REG NODE HOST HOST TYPE=SERVER DOMAIN=HOST

Of course you have to define your storage pool on the source as well.

Help me Oh Great Adsm Guru's...

I need to run daily copies of a local tape stg pool to a remote tape stg
pool...

.... I have just had a long hard Sunday at work and can't remember, and
can't find it in the manuals..

Has someone got a procedure that I can follow please... from "define stg"
"ba stg" (for both nodes as applicable.....)

I am using V4.1 on NT servers..

Many Thanks and Humble Greetings to All....

Tony Morgan
Fortis Bank UK