ADSM-L

TDP for Microsoft Exchange Server restore problem.

2001-03-28 02:42:29
Subject: TDP for Microsoft Exchange Server restore problem.
From: Robert Ouzen <robert AT RESEARCH.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:42:11 +0200
I try to test my TDP for Exchange Version 1.1.1.01. I created a similar
configuration of my
NT Server with the same Organization Name , Site Name , Server Name (not the
same hardware).
My original server is a backup domain controller, the test one is a primary
domain controller.

I shutdown my original server, I restored the DIR and IS successfully but after
the reboot I received an error:

      DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM
      EVENT ID: 7001
      the microsoft exchange event service depends on the microsoft information
store service which failed to start because of the following error
      The dependency service or group failed to start.
And the database was locked.

I try then to restore from the system objects parts of the registry:

   1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
       A. Security Accounts Manager Database
       B. Security Policy Database

   2. HKEY_USERS
       A. Current User Profile
       B. Default User Profile

After the keys was activated and the system was rebooted when I tried to enter
my password
for administrator  I got an error message:

  Unable to log on because the netlogon service is not running on this machine.

My Configuration is:
NT Server 4.0 English Service pack 6.a
Exchange Server 5.5   Service pack 3
Tivoli Client 4.1.2.12
TDP for Microsoft Exchange Server  1.1.1.01

What is the correct procedure to make this test succesfull !!!

T.I.A Robert Ouzen

robert AT reserach.haifa.ac DOT il