ADSM-L

Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X

2001-03-27 15:41:29
Subject: Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:12:43 -0500
At 01:34 PM 3/27/2001 -0500, Len Boyle wrote:
I asked the local Tivoli rep when the Mac OS X client was expected to be
released. The answer was that it was not scheduled.

We have several hundred Mac users, also all headed towards MacOS
X.  Support of the Macintosh platform was one of the reasons we chose ADSM
in the first place.  If Tivoli has decided to drop support of the Macintosh
client, this will impact us in a major way.

Please, can someone from Tivoli indicate officially what their position is
on supporting the Macintosh client?  If a MacOS X client is forthcoming,
what timeframe can we expect to see something?  We need to make plans for
backing up our MacOS X systems here, and we need to know whether we should
be looking for alternative solutions or not.

Thanks.