ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle fails to recover from full diskpool

2001-03-27 06:37:39
Subject: TDP for Oracle fails to recover from full diskpool
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:37:55 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
I have found a problem with TDP for Oracle. I ran into a full diskpool
several times during the last week.
We migrated from a 3575 with 3 drives to a 3494 with 2 drives.
When TSM is reclaiming tapes it uses two drives and thus there are no drives
left for emptying the diskpool. I have to cancel reclaims manually to get
the migrates going.
The TDP for Oracle sessions are all going in the MediaW status when the
diskpool is 100% full, but when the migrate is running and the diskpool
occupancy is dropping, all TDP sessions remain in the MediaW state. The only
way to get them going again is by canceling them! So it looks like TDP
cannot recover from a full diskpool situation.
Is this a bug I should report to Tivoli?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.