ADSM-L

Win2K/NT restores taking too long...

2001-03-26 11:13:23
Subject: Win2K/NT restores taking too long...
From: "Caffey, Jeff L." <jlcaffey AT PIER1 DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:13:55 -0600
I'm having an issue with restoring an entire volume on a Windows 2000
client.  The client has the 4.1.1 client code on it.  Our TSM server is AIX
4.3.3 running TSM 4.1.

The problem is that the restore process keeps pausing for several minutes at
a time, and then restarting itself.  It will be idle for up to 15 minutes
before taking off again.  When it resumes, it only runs for a minute or so
before pausing again...   This results in unacceptable restore times.

Our restores to AIX servers run great, the problem only seems to affect the
NT servers.  Can anyone help...?

Thank you,

Jeff Caffey
Enterprise Systems Programmer
Pier 1 imports, Inc.  -  Information Services
jlcaffey AT pier1 DOT com
Voice: (817) 252-6222
Fax:   (817) 252-7299