ADSM-L

Re: Expiration Problem - Upgrade to TSM v.4.1.2.0

2001-03-26 05:59:10
Subject: Re: Expiration Problem - Upgrade to TSM v.4.1.2.0
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:53:22 +0100
Lynn,

I think the problem here is the exclude list.
Excluded files are not eligible for backup, hence the expiration.
The file retention characteristics, number of versions etc, applies to actions
on the client,
so if you delete a file on the client it becomes inactive, and any expiration on
the TSM server will follow according to the the management  class retention for
inactive files.
What do you mean by full incremental, just the normal backup, if file attributes
changed or are you saying that the upgrade itself forces a new backup of every
file not specifically excluded.
This is not something I would not  expect although I am not yet at 4.1.

John

LYNN HAMILTON <LYNN.HAMILTON AT SELECTIVE DOT COM> on 03/23/2001 02:08:00 PM