ADSM-L

Archive not grabbing all directories

2001-03-22 22:33:41
Subject: Archive not grabbing all directories
From: Paul Fielding <paul.fielding AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:34:21 -0700
I did some snooping and couldn't see anyone mention this one.   I've got a
script running on one box (HPUX 11, 4.1.2 client) to run an archive:

dsmc archive -se=tsm_x1_apps -archmc=6month -subdir=yes\
 -desc="ADSM X1-FVO2 Online Backup"\
 "/etc/*.ora" \
 "/p/util/oracle/adm/FVO2/*"\
 "/db/x1_oravlB1/ORACLE/FVO2/*"\
 "/db/x1_oravlB2/ORACLE/FVO2/*"\
 "/db/x1_oravlB3/ORACLE/FVO2/*" \
 "/db/x1_oravlB4/ORACLE/FVO2/*" \
 "/db/x1_oravlB5/ORACLE/FVO2/dbf/*"\
 "/db/x1_oravlB5/ORACLE/FVO2/ctl/*"\

"/db/x1_oravlB5/ORACLE/FVO2/log/">/p/util/oracle/admin/dba/FVO2/backups/FVO2
_online.`date +\%y\%m\%d` 2>&1 </dev/null

When the script runs, it goes as far as grabbing the oravlB1 directory and then
stops.  No error message, nothing.  As if the script ended at that point.  It
correctly dumps to the log file noted, so I know it sees the entire line.

We have a shwack of other boxes running scripts in this format that have no
trouble.  Any thoughs?

Paul