ADSM-L

Re: Backupset restore

2001-03-22 16:12:04
Subject: Re: Backupset restore
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:12:37 -0500
> I created a backupset writing to a file device class, which generated 4
> files on my MVS system.  I can restore the backupset from the Server via
> the GUI with no problem.
>
> I then FTP'd the backupset files to my LAN and burned them onto CD.

Two things...
1. Your MVS system speaks EBCDIC and your Windows system speaks ASCII;
2. Was the FTP done in Binary mode?

I don't have an authoritative answer to your query, but you may be
running afoul of the two different cultures.  I suspect that the
backup set from the mainframe has to be maintained in bit-fidelity
for the backup set to be used at the PC, though I don't have the
experience to say exactly what must prevail.

  Richard Sims, BU