ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Happened!

2001-03-22 14:26:45
Subject: Re: Disaster Happened!
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:27:04 -0500
Thanks, sounds good.  We didn't have a usefil mksysb, we installed a new
minimum image from the Control W/S, then confiured SP stuff and Network.  Don't
know if we will have some SP goytchas.  It is in SP config o.k. now hopefully
will stay there

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU 03/22/01 02:17PM >>>
Yeah, been there done that about 9 months ago, and on an SP node, I think at
AIX 4.3.2.
Nothing sneaky;
Just as you are doing, we reloaded the image from a mksysb tape, then
restored each filesystem from TSM to get current.

If you've got multiple tape drives, open another window and start the
restore of /home in parallel with /var -- and you can go /home faster!