ADSM-L

Re: System Objects for Windows

2001-03-21 17:59:48
Subject: Re: System Objects for Windows
From: Andrew Pearce <apearce4 AT CSC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:43:11 +1000
Brenda,

We schedule  NTbackup to backup the Windows 2000 System State to disk and
then pick this up as a file via TSM. Not particularly elegant, but as a
short term fix it meets our requirements. You obviuosly need to be familar
with a recovery process that incorparates NTbackup  to do this. I've heard
that the inactive system objects issue may be addressed in the next release
of the client (4.2) - certainly hope so - can anyone confirm this?

Andrew Pearce
email: apearce4 AT csc.com DOT au

                    "Collins, Brenda"
                    <Brenda.Collins@WEST        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    GROUP.COM>                  cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist        Subject:     System Objects for
Windows
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    20/03/2001 03:51 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Has anyone implemented a solution they would be willing to share that will
keep copies of inactive system objects?

Brenda Collins,
Storage Solutions Group
Phone: 651-848-5808
Email:  brenda.collins AT westgroup DOT com

Disclaimer:  "The views, opinions and judgements expressed in this message
are solely those of the author.  The message contents have not been
reviewed
or approved by West Group."