ADSM-L

Disk pool and tape pool

2001-03-21 11:56:18
Subject: Disk pool and tape pool
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:56:34 -0800
A while back I set up a disk pool to keep all directory information readily
available in case of a restore. The disk pool is set up to cache files but
still migrate to keep a copy on tape. This morning I found the number of
files on tape is much much more than the files on disk for all nodes. In
some instances a node may not have any files on disk but does on tape.

I'm not sure if my settings are incorrect or if there is another problem.
Does anyone have a similar setup where they cache files on a disk pool but
still send them to tape as backup? Can you verify that the number of files
match?

Is there a way for me to copy those files on tape to the disk pool so they
match?

Thanks for the help.....

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer