ADSM-L

[no subject]

2001-03-21 01:06:46
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:07:48 -0600
Patrick Sheehan wrote:
>      I've got a newbie question for all. I seem to have followed all the
> wizards and such for the latest and greatest version of Tivoli (4.1.2.1). I
> still can not get it to back anything up. I get a " Server media mount not
> possible" error . Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like your TSM server is attempting to mount a tape volume in
order to perform a backup. A couple of things to check--see what your
maximum number of mount points (MAXNUMMP) is set for your client(s).
Better yet, create a disk storage pool and have your backups go to that
pool first, with a spillover to tape.