ADSM-L

SAP and 3494 performance.

2001-03-20 10:34:37
Subject: SAP and 3494 performance.
From: Francisco Molero <fmolero AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:35:06 -0800
Hello,
I have a query about performance between a TDP for SAP
R/3 under HP-UX and TSM Server with a 3494 library.
The size of database is 350 GB and the connection is
via tcpip (ethernet 100). I used the brbackup -c -t
offline command and the bacukp is sent to tape pool in
the library 3494. I have a private network and also I
am using the compression parameter to yes in the
client in order to improve the performance in the
network. The backup takes 6 hours in backing up the db
and this time is very high. I need to reduce it. the
drives are 3590, and the format device class is DRIVE.
Can someone help me about the parameters which can
improve this performance ???

Regards,
Fran