ADSM-L

Re: DB restore

2001-03-20 07:51:05
Subject: Re: DB restore
From: "Short, Anne" <anne.short AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:51:45 -0500
We just did a DB restore a couple of weeks ago.  First we tried with the
same number of db volumes, but the volumes added up to less space than was
in the original volumes (we had lost a hard drive so we had less space in
our array).  That failed because the amount of space was less than the
original, even though the db was only 50% full and didn't really need all
that space (confirmation of the comment that the RESTORE TO db needs to be
AT LEAST as big as the original).  We then allocated an additional db volume
with lots of space (confirmation that the exact same number of db volumes IS
NOT required), and the first thing that happened as part of the restore, was
that the db was REDUCED to match the exact size of the original.  The
restore was a success after that, but I thought it was interesting how the
db was reduced to match the original size.

Anne Short
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg, Maryland
301-240-6184
CODA/I Storage Management