ADSM-L

Memory leak fix in SCHEDULER for NOVELL Client

2001-03-19 11:29:42
Subject: Memory leak fix in SCHEDULER for NOVELL Client
From: Cory Curtis <CCurtis AT CO.SLC.UT DOT US>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:30:13 -0700
We are running client 4.1.2.13 on our Novell servers (thanks to the DST
error),  but after RTFD I noticed the schedule function is still not
working.  I saw a fix on the TSM FTP server earlier this month that was
supposed to correct this memory leak.  Did they recall that fix?  We have
been using the CRON utility.  We haven't used the scheduler since I reported
the memory leak 8 months ago.  How long does it take to fix a known problem?
Does anyone use the scheduler without any problems?
Am I the only NOVELL user out there?
We have been having strange problems with our NOVELL client backups since
upgrading to TSM.  I would like to hear if anyone else has issues with this
client?

Every time I talk to the CEs they respond "NOVELL, What? I don't know much
about that."

Does anyone have any recommended settings to optimize the TSM NOVELL client
(dsm.opt file)?
I've read the Redbooks and there recommendations suck.
We had been using ADSM for two years.  We upgraded this year to TSM. Maybe
I'm just venting.
Look forward to hearing your comments.

Cory Curtis
Network Admin