ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.1, WinNT 4.0 SP6a, San Data Gateway,and IBM 3584 LTO Lib rary

2001-03-18 22:15:20
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.1, WinNT 4.0 SP6a, San Data Gateway,and IBM 3584 LTO Lib rary
From: "Mark S." <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:10:16 -0600
"Volovsek, Jay" wrote:

> Jeff.  I would like to sincerely thank you for that input.  You were right
> on the money.  When IBM configured the library, they configured it as four
> Logical Libraries.  I just blew away that configuration and set it up as one
> LL.  Now my servers only see one library with four drives.

[major snippage concerning SANs, gateways, and fiber connections]

This all goes to show that you shouldn't always blame the cutting-edge
technology. It also proves that one should RTFM! The fact that the 3584
library defaults to one logical library for each physical tape drive is
well documented in the 3584 docs. (In other words, it isn't a matter of
how IBM configured it.)

Take a little time to read the documentation, folks. It'll save you a
lot of heartache later.