ADSM-L

3494 library / VOLSER problem

2001-03-18 02:16:03
Subject: 3494 library / VOLSER problem
From: Mahesh Babbar <mahesh.babbar AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:42:11 +0530
     Freinds,

     Unfortunately , I have few PRIVATE volumes with labels peeled off from
     them . There used to have labels but probabaly due to excessive use
     the labels are peeled off.

     After , reinventoring the Library , these volumes were forced out on
     the convenience station with description ' VOLSER not readable'.

     Now, how can I know the label of that volume so that I can paste it
     with the paper label and then can check in.

     As soon as I try to put these volumes in the library they are ejected
     out , again with the same message that 'VOLSER not readable.

     I have tried , CE utilities of 3590 E drive as well as tapeutil
     commands but of no help.

     My Environment is:

     AIX 4.3

     TSM 3.7.4.0