ADSM-L

Re: Multiple ADSM/TSM Instances Sharing a Library Via ACSLS

2001-03-16 11:43:27
Subject: Re: Multiple ADSM/TSM Instances Sharing a Library Via ACSLS
From: Christine Wickham <christine.wickham.b AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:43:55 -0500
To expand on what Tim stated, STK recommended that we use Gresham's DTELM
software to help us manage our libraries.  We've been very happy with it.

-Chris Wickham
christine.wickham.b AT bayer DOT com
christine.wickham.b AT bayer DOT com

                    Tim Melly
                    <tim.melly.b@        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BAYER.COM>           cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Multiple ADSM/TSM
Instances Sharing a Library Via
                    "ADSM: Dist          ACSLS
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    03/16/2001
                    08:37 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

We have two STK 9740s shared between three ADSM servers and a HP V class based
in-housed HSM solution. The 9740s are connected via a pass-thru slot, one 9740
has 9 DLT7000 drives and the other has 6 DLT7000s. The ADSM servers are  SP
nodes running AIX 4.3.3 and ADSM 3.1.2.40. We have a single ACSLS 5.3.2 server
supporting this environment. The ACSLS server is running on an IBM RS/6000 B50
w/AIX 4.3.3. We have seperate storage pools for each of the servers.

We have a third 9740 on order and it will be connected to existing LSMs.

If you have specific questions I'd be happy to share our experiences.

Regards, Tim

                    "Survoy, Bernard J"
                    <SurvoBJ AT NORTHAMERICA DOT ST        To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ORTEK.COM>                      cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist            Subject:     Multiple
ADSM/TSM Instances Sharing a
                    Stor Manager"                   Library Via ACSLS
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    03/15/2001 11:02 AM
                    Please respond to "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"

Is anyone sharing a library between two or more instances of ADSM/TSM via
ACSLS.   The key here is ACSLS and multiple instances of ADSM/TSM.   I am
not concerned with the specific library (but tell me what you do have), what
I am looking for is if you have more than one ADSM/TSM server sharing a STK
library with ACSLS.
It would be great if the instances of ADSM/TSM are on different operating
system platforms (ie. NT and Solaris), but again not a requirement.

Thanks,
Bernie Survoy
Consulting Systems Engineer
216.615.9324 phone