ADSM-L

? on export/import using network attached file systems

2001-03-13 17:35:33
Subject: ? on export/import using network attached file systems
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:36:39 -0900
Here is one for all you *SM wizards. I asked this question of TSM
support and the answer was "duh, I don't know if you can do that". Maybe
the list participants will know better.

*SM Server1 is ADSM v3.1.2.50 running on AIX 4.2.1.
*SM Server2 is TSM 4.1.2 running on Win2000.
Fileserver1 is running on redhat linux 6.2

I need to export data from server1 to server2 but there is not enough
free disk on either server to hold the export file locally nor is there
a shared tape medium. The only shared medium is the networked
fileserver1.

On server1 I defined a devclass that points to the a directory on a nfs
mount to fileserver1.

I can export a node and its data to that devclass just fine and the
exported file now lives on fileserver1.

On server2 the tsm server runs under an account called tsmsa which has
win2000 admin authority. I use terminal services from my desktop to
login to server2 as account tsmsa. I then map a drive letter D: to
fileserver1 and I can see files on the file server as well as move and
copy, etc.