ADSM-L

Re: Library capacity

2001-03-13 05:56:44
Subject: Re: Library capacity
From: "Sharp, Neil (London)" <SharpNei AT EXCHANGE.UK.ML DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:56:43 -0000
Ah that age old problem. I have got around this by writing a AIX script that
I run daily which interogates that ATL to find of the following :

*       Number of SCRATCH volumes in ADSM
*       Number of PRIVATE volumes in ADSM
*       Number of tapes in library that can be checked into ADSM
*       Names of volumes that can be checked into ADSM as scratch tapes
*       Misplaced volumes in the library
*       Number of free cells in the library
*       Number of cleaning cycles remaining

The scripts is as follows :
--------------
--------------
clear
clear
rm mtlib.out
echo "Number of SCRATCH volumes in ADSM"
dsmadmc -id=x -password=x q libv|grep -i scratch|wc -l
echo ""
echo "Number of PRIVATE volumes in ADSM"
dsmadmc -id=x -password=x q libv|grep -i private|wc -l
echo ""
echo "Number of tapes in library that can be checked into ADSM"
mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qI > mtlib.out
pg mtlib.out|grep -i ff00|wc -l
echo ""
echo "  Names of volumes that can be checked into ADSM as scratch tapes"
pg mtlib.out|grep -i ff00
echo ""
echo "  Misplaced volumes in the library"
echo ""
pg mtlib.out|grep -v FF00|grep -v 012|grep -v 01F
echo ""
echo "Number of free cells in the library"
mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qL|grep "available cells"
echo ""
echo "Number of cleaning cycles remaining"
mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qL|grep -i 3590
This information is transribed onto a spreadsheet daily. Obviously over a
This information is transribed onto a spreadsheet daily. Obviously over a
period of time it is possible to analyse the output and look for trends in
usage. It works for me, hopefully you will find it useful.