ADSM-L

Re: Install Custom dsm.opt

2001-03-12 11:22:06
Subject: Re: Install Custom dsm.opt
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:21:39 -0500
> I have it working at 4.1.1.16 which I am assuming will be as in 4.1.2.12.

I can verify that the 4.1.2.12 patch does allow a default DSM.OPT ...
sort of.

If you unpack the distributed EXE (WinZip does this easily), you can
then place your DSM.OPT file in the config subdirectory.  It will be
used if the installer doesn't have one already.  Unfortunately, if your
default DSM.OPT file is used, the configuration widget is not invoked.
:-(

Fwiw, I also eliminated the languages I didn't need.  Since I only
wanted English, I also removed the language prompt by editing the
SETUP.INI file.  I then packaged it all up again with Installshield's
Package for the Web program (or use your favorite install program
builder).

Hope this helps, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System