ADSM-L

HELP! TSM accounting record question....

2001-03-09 17:04:23
Subject: HELP! TSM accounting record question....
From: Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:03:01 -0800
Hello,

We are running the latest TSM server on AIX...

I am trying to determine my clients that are conducting "non-scheduled
backups". In other words, client that may belong to a schedule but are
backing up their data outside of the schedule window....

According to the TSM manual field 25 is the "Client session type. A value of
1 or 4 indicates a general client session. A value of 5 indicates a client
session that is running a schedule"

BUT I am seeing all my scheduled clients that are being backed up during the
schedule time, as having a code of 2 and 3 in field 25.... why? I thought
that if the client is being backed up as the result of belonging to a
schedule, that they would have a "5" in field 25....

Please email me at kkwiatek AT nist DOT gov

Keith Kwiatek