ADSM-L

Re: Informix Onbar bug ?

2001-03-09 11:33:24
Subject: Re: Informix Onbar bug ?
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:35:23 -0600
We have been sucessfully using the ONTAPE version of SQL BackTrack for Informix
V 2.1.  According to the local historians, we bought this bought SQL B for I in
order to do table backups. Unfortunately the Informix server has to be down to
do this so we never used that feature. The other negative is that there is no
facility to expire the backups... they just keep growing until you get in and
delete them fileset by fileset.  Anyway, along comes 3.0. This version uses
ONBAR and CAN do table by table backups on the fly. It is also supposed to be
capable of expiring stuff but I can't get that feature to work. It is also
totally incompatible with the backups done with 2.1 so if you have the need to
do a restore, you will have to keep the 2.1 version on your client and link up
to it if an older backup (made under 2.1) needs to be restored... I am begging
my boss to get us a copy of TDP for Informix for eval... One other note... not
many folks are using SQL BackTrack for Informix and BMC is NOT repeat NOT able
to support it well and the documentation is HORRRRRRIBLE... Our INFORMIX level
is 731UC2. We run it with DataMart, PeopleSoft and Lawson applications.

George Lesho
Storage / System Admin
AFC Enterprieses

Glenn MacIntosh <glenn.macintosh AT SOBEYS DOT COM> on 03/09/2001 07:00:30 AM