ADSM-L

Re: WindowsNT Disk Imaging.

2001-03-09 02:41:47
Subject: Re: WindowsNT Disk Imaging.
From: Michael Bruewer <bruewer AT UNI-HOHENHEIM DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:41:50 +0100
TDP for NT was a third party product and has been withdrawn due to
license problems. That's what was said on a Tivoli Road Show last week.
They announced that there will be an announcement of a new product
(third party again, I don't remember the name) for this purpose next
month, maybe available Q4/01.

Meanwhile you could use any Image Software (DriveImage, Ghost, ...)
and dump the Images to a TSM-HSM Partition shared via Samba.

Regards,

Michael Bruewer

On 8 Mar 2001, at 9:45, Doug Thorneycroft wrote:

> Quite awhile ago, Tivoli announced plans for Tivol Data Protection for
> Workgroups to support sending a disk image to, and retrieve a disk image
> from the TSM server. If I remember right, this was to be available shortly
> after the release of Version 4 server.
>
> Does anyone know if this is still in the works?

----
Dr. Michael Br"uwer
Dr. Michael Br"uwer
RZ der Univ. Hohenheim     70593 Stuttgart
bruewer AT uni-hohenheim DOT de   www.uni-hohenheim.de/~bruewer
Fon: +49-711-459-3838      Fax: -3449
PGP Public Key:
   RSA: http://www.uni-hohenheim.de/~bruewer/pgpkey_V2