ADSM-L

Re: Management Class Question

2001-03-08 20:33:22
Subject: Re: Management Class Question
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:33:54 -0700
If the management class no longer exists, data will be expired based on the
default management class for the domain.

During your next full incremental on a given machine the following will
happen.

If the file or directory exists on both machine and the tsm server, then
that file or directory will get bound to the management class specified in
the include/exclude list or to the default management class.

There are a few scenarios you should consider.  Version that is inactive
with no actives, api data, etc... I would suggest creating some temporary
nodenames and testing this out yourself.  Backup some data using your
existing policies.  Then move these nodes over to a different domain.
Re-run the backups.  You can check the management class for the objects
using select queries.
select * from backups where node_name='testnode'
select * from archives where node_name='testnode'

James Thompson