ADSM-L

Re: Portable Barcode Scanner for 3590?

2001-03-08 19:16:48
Subject: Re: Portable Barcode Scanner for 3590?
From: "Shawn M. Drew" <hedron20 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:24:47 -0600
I talked with a guy over at EDP, who says this label
was code39, but modified at the request of STK.
when IBM made their barcode readers, they decided to
just support the STK standard.
They talked with Symbol a while back to develop barcode readers
that will work with these, and the symbology was called
"Tri-optic Code39"
So, we found a number of these scanners on Symbols web site
(considerable more expensive than I thought) that supported this
standard.

However, when we first started looking for this, a reseller
claimed they sent symbol a sample of our labels, and they said
they didn't have anything that will scan it....

I am trying now to get a demo of the trioptic scanner to try myself.

shawn
Shawn M. Drew
shawndo AT tivoli DOT com
ADSM/TSM Systems Administrator