ADSM-L

Re: Install Custom dsm.opt

2001-03-07 16:26:24
Subject: Re: Install Custom dsm.opt
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:37:38 EST
In article <20010307.052001.258717.NETNEWS AT VM.SAS DOT COM>, "Boireau, Eric
(MED)"
<eric.boireau AT MED.GE DOT COM> says:

>Hi,
>I am working on the deployment on the new TSM Client. I cannot deploy a
>custom dsm.opt. My config agree with the readme but it didn't works=20
>- dsm.opt in source path\config folder
>- No dsm.opt in target path\baclient folder
>does this functionnality works for you ?

Hello Eric

I have it working at 4.1.1.16 which I am assuming will be as in 4.1.2.12.

Following this I have included a short section from the tsm client readme
file. The magic info not included in the readme is that you have to run the
tsm client archive file that you ftp'ed from the ibm service ftp server.
The first window that comes up will pick a directory to store the unpacked
install materials.
The default is to unpack the install files into c:\temp....
You can pick your directory on the first frame.

This directory will replace the "TSMCLI\WIN32\BACLIENT" in the readme doc.

If this is the first time that you are using a win2k installer, you will have
to install the installer and reboot, before you get to unpack the install
material.

Then you can store the dsm.opt file in the config directory.
Then you run setup from unpacked material.

/len

Installing a predefined (custom) DSM.OPT file:

Users who would like to install a predefined DSM.OPT file should place a

   copy of the DSM.OPT file in the ...\CONFIG directory located within the

   install image, i.e. TSMCLI\WIN32\BACLIENT\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\config.

   The file must be named DSM.OPT.

 - The install program will copy the predefined DSM.OPT file to the

   ..\BACLIENT directory when BOTH of the following conditions are met:

   - DSM.OPT does NOT exist in the ..\BACLIENT directory. The install program
     will not copy over an existing DSM.OPT file.

   - DSM.OPT exists in the install image's ..\CONFIG directory, as described
above.