ADSM-L

Win2000 system objects

2001-03-05 18:30:19
Subject: Win2000 system objects
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:15:43 -0700
Greetings,

I'm new to the forum.

I am upgrading my clients to TSM 4.1 from ADSM 3.1.8.  A Win2000 client
with three partitions C: D: P: backs up successfully.  I'm using a domain
statement, nothing else special in the options file.

Since upgrading to TSM 4.1 client, I now see filespace 'System
Object'.  The documentation says servers at 3.7.3 and higher support the
"feature" to backup system objects as a group.

Fine by me, but when I query filespace for this node, there is no start
time, no completion time, no capacity utilization, etc. for filespace
'System Object'.

We run e-mail notification scripts off these date/time fields, and they're
going to fail without these completion statistics.

Nothing unusual in the dsmsched.log.  In fact, the last message is
"Successful incremental backup of Registry".

Thanks to anyone for any input to this problem.

John Bremer
LANL