ADSM-L

Backup sets on MVS

2001-03-05 13:46:21
Subject: Backup sets on MVS
From: Cheri Howard <Cheri_Howard AT AAL DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:24:46 -0600
Is anyone running TSM on MVS and successfully generating and then using backup
sets for your clients?  It's my understanding that backup sets need to be
generated on sequential media that is compatible/readable by the client.  The
sequential device classes I have defined are 3590 tape - which is not compatible
with my NT and AIX clients.   Any suggestions on how I can generate a backup set
from MVS that would be readable by an NT or AIX client?  What are other people
doing?

Thanks - your comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Cheri Howard
Lead Software Systems Analyst
920-730-4700, ext. 4166
cheri_howard AT aal DOT org
Aid Association for Lutherans (AAL)
4321 N. Ballard Road, Appleton, WI  54919-0001
http://www.aal.org