ADSM-L

Re: Collocation for just one client

2001-03-01 15:06:39
Subject: Re: Collocation for just one client
From: "Walker, Thomas" <Thomas.Walker AT EMICAP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:06:06 -0500
No there isn't as far as I know. However, running collocation is a good idea
in my opinion. Restores used to be a nightmare with up to 50 mounts!
Transfer 100k of data, switch tapes, transfer 5k of data . . . etc. It was
nearly useless! Once we started collocation, mounts dropped considerably
sometimes as little as one or two. We run a large general onsite tapepool
with a lot of clients. In hindsight, we shouldv'e ran collocation from the
start.

-
Tom Walker
Tom Walker
Tech Support Analyst

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender
immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The
unauthorized use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly
forbidden.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Recorded Music, North America