ADSM-L

Re: Problems with expired client passwords

2001-03-01 12:12:31
Subject: Re: Problems with expired client passwords
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:09:47 -0800
>The server is TSM 4.1.2.0 under AIX 4.3.3.
>Does anybody know what's going wrong here?
>
>BTW: the prompt "please enter your user id ..." is new since
>4.1.2.0. What's
>the purpose of this?

This is also a similar problem I have with a Unixware node. The "please
enter your userid" is requested on this node when you try to query the
schedule. This node won't back up and every 10 minutes hits the server with
22 start/end sessions in a row. The actlog error message is when the server
tries to start the backup is: ANR0424W Session 3504 for node SAICAUDIO
(Unixware 7) refused - invalid password submitted. When asked for a userid
we entered nothng and pressed enter then used the correct password. Q sched
then worked but I have still not been able to get it backed up due to the
password problem.

I have the same environment above.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer