ADSM-L

DB restore Q.

2001-03-01 11:23:26
Subject: DB restore Q.
From: ALAN DAVENPORT <ALAN.DAVENPORT AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:05:00 -0500
--- Received from SIG.DVNPORT  ALAN DAVENPORT       03/01/01 1105a
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hello,

     I want to restore a test TSM database from a backup of the production
database. The test TSM does not know about the database backup volumes I
will be using. I have the volume list from the disaster recovery plan from
the production instance and have the necessary JCL generated. The problem
I am having is that the volume list in the disaster recovery plan is
sorted by VOLSER. The documentation states that the volumes should be
restored in the order that they were written. Is there any way to
determine what order the volumes were written?

I am running ADSM 3.1 in production and TSM 4.1 in the test environment on
an OS390 machine.

 Alan Davenport
 alan.davenport AT selective DOT com