ADSM-L

Re: TSM, SAN, ACSLS and Solaris

2001-02-28 17:34:02
Subject: Re: TSM, SAN, ACSLS and Solaris
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:34:16 +1300
Thanks for the answer, and thanks to the others who answered too.

The part that I'm trying to figure out now is how to install the drivers.
With Solaris, you have to edit a file that contains definitions of the
SCSI-IDs of the tape drive.  How can that work if the tape drives are
assigned via a switch?  Do you set up some kind of permanent virtual circuit
so that you always get the same drives?

Please excuse my ignorance - I have no access to the SAN switch doco, as it
is being set up by people in another team in a different city.

The latest information I have on the switch is that it is either Inrange
FC9000-16 or Brocade Silkwork 2800.