ADSM-L

Re: DLT Tape capacity - I'm stumped

2001-02-28 14:14:27
Subject: Re: DLT Tape capacity - I'm stumped
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:14:48 -0500
You need to redo the LABEL LIBVOL command with OVERWRITE=YES to format the old
tapes for the DLT 8000.  (Be careful with overwrite=yes that you don't relabel
tapes with data on them - this can and has been done)!

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Larry.Girardi AT TRAVELERS DOT COM 02/28/01 01:34PM >>>
Marita,

If you are re-using the same tapes that you used in the DLT 4000s, I believe
this is the problem.  Because the tape was formated with DLT 4000, the DLT 8000
drive will read and use the tape at that density.  I believe you have to do some
type of low level format or re-initialization of the tape forcing the DLT 8000
format.  Then you should be ok.  I haven't done this before, so what I said will
have to be confirmed & you will have to find the command syntax to format.
Larry

"Marita Gonsalves" <marita_gonsalves AT CARYACADEMY.PVT.K12.NC DOT US> on
02/27/2001
01:44:44 PM