ADSM-L

Re: Move Data

2001-02-28 12:35:46
Subject: Re: Move Data
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:35:47 -0500
If you are doing a MOVE DATA for a volume that is in your library then most of
the time that is all that is required.  (There may be a part of a file that is
on another volume, but it's generally in library too I have found.)  If tape is
offsite you can do the command RESTORE VOLUME vol_name PREVIEW=YES.  When that
process finishes in a few seconds, look at actlog for last minute or so and you
will see the tapes needed to restore that volume.

I think this is what you want to do, if you have a bad tape.  If I have a bad
tape I try to do a move data first, maybe try two times.  Then for what want
move I do the restore volume on.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM 02/28/01 11:48AM >>>
Hello all,

I'm running TSM 3.7 on AIX 4.3.3.

I'd like to do a Move Data on a volume which but before I do the Move Data,
I'd like to ensure all the required volumes for the move are in the library.

Does anyone know how to find all the volumes which will be mount for a Move
Data.  I'm referring to Primary copy pool volumes which contain data
necessary for the move.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray Baughman
Engineering Systems Administrator
TSM Administrator
National Machinery Co.
Phone:   419-443-2257
Fax:     419-443-2376
Email:   rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 02/28/01 12:41:41
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.