ADSM-L

Why does a point in time restore try to restore deleted files.

2001-02-27 06:09:11
Subject: Why does a point in time restore try to restore deleted files.
From: Marc Layne <MLayne AT FARITEC.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:10:08 +0200
Hi All
I posted a question yesterday about point in time restore but i wish to
clarify my question. Basically i need to know why if a file was backed up on
the 10 October 2000  and subsequently deleted, and i do a point in time
restore to February 23 2001.. why is it trying to restore the deleted file.
PIT restore is done via the GUI. Even if i am doing full backups..surely if
the file odes not exist..(has been deleted) then PIT restore should not try
and restore it . I run a Expire inventory every day.
rete=30
reto=10
TSM ver 3.7 for NT server
TSM ver 3.7 for NT client
Thanks
Marc
Marc Layne
Product Manager - Services, Storage and Software Solutions
Faritec
Mobile: +27 82 4169086        email: mlayne AT faritec.co DOT za
<mailto:mlayne AT faritec.co DOT za>
Office:  + 27 21 7629702               http://www.faritec.co.za/
<http://www.faritec.co.za/>

"This message may contain information which is confidential, private or
privileged in nature.   If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is
attached to this message.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,  facsimile or telephone and
thereafter return and/or destroy the original message.
 Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where the
sender specifically states them to be those of Faritec (Proprietary) Limited
("Faritec") and/or Midrange Distribution Services (Pty) Ltd.
Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files
for viruses and the like.  While we do everything possible to protect
information from viruses, Faritec accepts no liability of whatever nature
for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly
from the access and/or downloading of any files which are attached to this
e-mail message."