ADSM-L

Excessive mount failures on 3494 ATL

2001-02-26 14:55:28
Subject: Excessive mount failures on 3494 ATL
From: "Brazner, Bob" <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:55:50 -0600
We recently upgraded from ADSM 3.1.2.20 to TSM 4.1.2.0 on AIX 4.3.3 with
3494 ATL.   Shortly after the upgrade, we started to experience a situation
where the ATL is "refusing" nearly all mount requests, even though
sufficient drives are available.  The message is "ANR8447E no drives are
currently available in library".  Scratch mounts as well as volser mounts
are failing.  The IBM CE says the service log on the 3494 shows no
indication of a mount being requested.  Occasionally, a mount is satisfied
so we're actually able to perform some amount of productive work.  The
devclass is defined as mountl=drives.  The 3494 is not shared.

Bob Brazner
Johnson Controls, Inc.
(414) 524-2570