ADSM-L

Re: Only 1 writable side in an OPTICAL CARTRIDGE

2001-02-25 14:31:35
Subject: Re: Only 1 writable side in an OPTICAL CARTRIDGE
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:31:54 +0000
Hernando

There is an APAR for a similar sounding problem affecting TSM Server v3.7 and
v4.1 running on AIX, Sun and NT. The README for 3.7.4.3 for AIX includes the
following reference to a fix incorporated in this PTF.

IC29245 ERROR SWITCHING TO SIDE B OF OPTICAL AND WORM MEDIA

 This problem affects only two-sided OPTICAL or WORM media when
 switching to side B.  When backing up or archiving to optical or
 WORM media and side A fills up, the backup will fail with the
 following errors:
 .
 ANR8462I End-of-side reached for WORM volume VOL1.
 ANR9999D asalloc.c(4641): Error 30 accessing volume VOL1(8),
 side 1.
 ANR1411W Access mode for volume OW1096 now set to "read-only"
 due to write error.

I don't know whether a fix for TSM Server v4.1 for AIX is available yet. It may
be worth contacting Tivoli support.

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682