ADSM-L

Re: FIVE questions for TSM 4.1.2 (server on AIX, clients on Windows)

2001-02-23 12:20:29
Subject: Re: FIVE questions for TSM 4.1.2 (server on AIX, clients on Windows)
From: John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:19:53 -0600
I have around 5 servers with a mixture of NT and Mac files, and I only use
one client per server with the "useunicodef yes" option.  The success of
backing up Mac files also depends on your client code level, I am having
problems with some Mac files failing with the 4.1.2 code, which I assume
is related to the current character set problems with that version.  The
later 3.7 clients and the 4.1.1 clients worked well.

    John Monahan
    Network Team Coordinator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677