ADSM-L

Help requested on TSM Admin Position Description

2001-02-22 13:17:52
Subject: Help requested on TSM Admin Position Description
From: Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:18:09 -0500
My company is in the process of trying to define roles & responsibilities for
our TSM system.  Management would like some benchmarks on how other companies
staff to support their environment.  Along with that, they are wanting to
define what functions need to be handled by a "TSM Engineer", which ones should
be handled by our Operations Analysts, and which ones should be handled by the
Data Center Operators.

If anyone would be willing to share how these things are done in your company,
that would be a big help.  Extra credit for an actual job description.  If TSM
is only part of your job, please estimate the % that is spent.

Our environment is:
TSM Server = 3466 C00 running AIX 4.3.3 and TSM 3.7.3.8
Clients =  HP-UX (18)     WinNT (38)     Novell (25)
Storage = 150gb of SSA diskpools,  3494 tapelib w/4-3590E1A drives, 19TB active
tape storage

Thanks!

Steve Schaub
Haworth, Inc
email: Steve.Schaub AT Haworthinc DOT com