ADSM-L

Re: URGENT ? ABOUT DB RESTORE

2001-02-22 13:16:21
Subject: Re: URGENT ? ABOUT DB RESTORE
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:16:46 -0500
Steve,
you don't need to check in the db tape.
Since the tape is in the library, make sure that the devconfig file and the
dsmserv.dsk are present in the TSM installed path: and then issue the
following command from the OS prompt:
dsmserv restore db volumename=<VOLSER> devclass=<DEVCLASS> commit=<???>
todate... ...
You can acces the manual online:
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/pubs/v4pubs/v1_html/aix/guide/anratfrm.htm

Part#5, Chapter#21
and see what type of restore do you need, and customize the above command
according to your environment and needs.
If u r using DRM and the prepare command, then find the last prepare file
and follow it thru...

GLuck.

Othonas