ADSM-L

Re: HELP! Recovery Log won't mount

2001-02-22 11:30:00
Subject: Re: HELP! Recovery Log won't mount
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:29:03 -0500
We had been running fine and after a reboot of RS6000 this happened.
Have been running on TSM 3.7.4.0 now for about 3+ months with no problem.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> tsmmail2000 AT YAHOO DOT CA 02/21/01 05:44PM >>>
Thanx for the reply from yourself and Mike.
Downloading fix now.  Noticed that the fix said the
problem normally occurs down an upgrade of TSM.
I did not upgrade - it just started happening...
Is the same thing that happened to yourself?

Just curious

--- David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG> wrote:
> You need to upgrade to 3.7.4.0 to fix this problem.
> You need to upgrade to 3.7.4.0 to fix this problem.
> Known problem at Tivoli.
>
> We had it a few months ago and others have had it
> too.
>

> David B. Longo
> System Administrator
> Health First, Inc.
> 3300 Fiske Blvd.
> Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
> PH      321.434.5536
> Pager  321.634.8230
> Fax:    321.434.5525
> david.longo AT health-first DOT org

> TSM Server 3.7.3 on NT 4.0 box.
> Server was rebooted cleanly yesterday. Now TSM won't
> come back up.  I do the followign:

> D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\server>dsmserv
> ANR0900I Processing options file D:\PROGRA
> 1\Tivoli\TSM\server\dsmserv.opt.
> Database Page Shadowing Will be avalilable in the
> next
> service offering.
>  ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 16:58:00 on Apr 27
> 2000.
>
> Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows NT
> Version 3, Release 7, Level 3.0
>
> Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
>
> 5697-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999. All
> rights reserved.
> U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use,
> duplication or disclosure
> restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM
> Corporation.
>
> ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
> ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 1200
> megabytes.
> ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 8100
> megabytes.
> ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
> ------------------------
>
> It stays at this mount.  I let it go overnight -
> pegs
> the CPU but doesn't come up.  No error messages,
> just
> doesn't want to mount.
> Rebooted multiple times - no effect.
> Unfortunately, recovery log not mirrored - had no
> space.
>
> Any suggestions?  Ideas?
>
> Thanx in advance!

> http://mail.yahoo.ca
>

> "MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
>  annotations on 02/21/01 14:23:17

---
> This message is for the named person's use only.  It
> This message is for the named person's use only.  It
> may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally
> privileged information.  No confidentiality or
> privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
> If you receive this message in error, please
> immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
> system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
> the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
> use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
> of this message if you are not the intended
> recipient.  Health First reserves the right to
> monitor all e-mail communications through its
> networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this
> message are solely those of the individual sender,
> except (1) where the message states such views or
> opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;  and
> (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give
> such views or opinions.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 02/22/01 11:34:44