ADSM-L

Restore-Netware

2001-02-22 02:10:26
Subject: Restore-Netware
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:10:52 +0100
Hy all,

I started a restore from our AIX 4.3, TSM 3.7.4 Server to a Netware %.1
Client (TSM 3.7.2). We restored a complete Volume to a new clean Volume ( '
restore daten:* newdata:/ -subdir=all ' ). I started the restore yesterday
evening to run over night. Today in the morning the netware-server stood
with a message where I should say if an existing file should be overwritten
( the exact message text was answered by my college before I could see it,
so I couldn't check the file/directory ).

Why does TSM ask for overwriting on a complete new and empty volume ?

For any explanations I thank you

Christoph