ADSM-L

Re: change devclass

2001-02-21 18:01:00
Subject: Re: change devclass
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:01:00 -0500
I don't know of any way to change the devclass.  (If you find out, please
let me know.)  I had that happen once when someone upgraded the Windows
version on the server machine, then upgraded TSM, and it recognized the
drivers as something different.  Someone else reported a similar problem on
this list a few weeks ago, I never saw the resolution.

But if you can't fix the problem, and there are only 2 clients, I bet you
could (1) export the clients, and their data.  The export will go to any
devclass you specify.  (2) rename the existing clients to something else
(3) import them again.  If you are happy with the results, delete the
renamed clients and all their data, and the two clients will be back they
belong.